Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Fall Y'all!

Yeah! Fall is here and the temperatures are getting cooler (at least a couple of time a week).

With fall comes pumpkin EVERYTHING, sweaters and perhaps, most importantly of all, crockpot cooking. I love my crockpots, all three of them.

With that being said, I am going to try and cook at least one part of my meal everyday this fall in a crockpot. I figured October 1 is a great time to start, so here we go!

Tonight for dinner we are having Italian Sausage, Joyful Momma's Potato Soup, and some cooked cabbage (I am still working this out.I'd really like some saurkraut, but I think that would be a hit with only me!).

Before I dropped AJ off at school and I headed on to work, I mixed up the soup. Pulling this soup together was incredibly fast!

Here are the onions and can of cream of chicken soup:

And yes, I use the crockpot liners. If you use the same crockpot everyday (like I tend to), the liners make clean-up a breeze!

Here is the soup just before I turned on the crock pot, with the homemade chicken stock, hash brown potatoes, onion and  cream of chicken soup:

Tomorrow I'll have pics of the finished soup and the recipe and pictures of tomorrow nights dinner - crockpot ravioli! Since the hubs has bowling, this will be so much better than the Chef Boyardee ravioli or spaghetti that  AJ an I have had the past couple of Tuesday nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment