Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Welcome Back!

Hi There! I bet you thought I just quit!

No, I am not dead.
Yes, I DID fall off the face of the earth.

But, while I have been running around, I have been actually getting a few things done here and there.

Do you remember this beast?




















Yes, I originally posted about this in NOVEMBER 2010! That's right, nearly two years ago. Well, I have finally finished it!



What you can't tell from this picture is that I replaced a couple of parts of the gossip bench when I was refinishing it, either because they were missing or in terrible shape. I am beyond thrilled that I finally finished this piece so I can move on to other things.


Here is my current list of ongoing projects:

  • reconstructing a baby quilt that I have already made, did not like and ultimately took apart
  • painting some of these fabulous shelves from Ikea to make a reading area for AJ in his room


  • creating some potpourri in preparation for fall and winter
  • breaking out the crockpot to make some yummy dinners, soups and stews!
  • a big batch of Brunswick stew this weekend to put up for the winter!


    This is the quick list of things that I can remember off of the top of my head. I have a list of things I am working on somewhere, but I can't find it right now! What are YOU working on right now? Are you as excited about fall as I am, and getting ready for cooler weather?

    And one last thing ~Thanks for sticking around ~ and I going to really try to post with a little more frequency than every 5 months.

  • 1 comment: