Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Did I Really Just Do That?

Have you ever thought, "Did I really just do that?" as soon as you hit the send button on an email or after you made a decision?

I just bought 42 squares to make a quilt. Really?

Please bear in mind, I HAVE NEVER MADE A QUILT IN MY LIFE.

In fact, I have not sewn a single piece of fabric in more than 5 years. Yes, I own a sewing machine (compliments of my mom!), but have not taken the aforementioned machine out of the box since bringing it home.

In looking around on Etsy, I found a fabric store. I, understably, needed to look through all of the fabric (what for???). And now, I am the proud owner of 42 squares of SUPER cute fabric.

I have given myself one month from the date the fabric arrives to complete the quilt. According to the internet, it should not be that difficult. We will see.... My saving grace is that it is a baby quilt, and won't be as large as a full-blown quilt.

I do, however, take some comfort in the fact that my grandmother used to make quilts. She used to make a LOT of quilts. Everyone, and I mean everyone in our family has some of her quilts.

Let's hope the quilt making gene skips a generation and has landed squarely in my lap. Otherwise, it is off to the store at the end of a month to purchase a gift.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment