Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Greek Chicken

Some of you may know that I LOVE the flavors of Mediterrean food. I am on the verge of being obsessed with Mediterrean food (and Mexican food). Too bad for me, Aaron is not a big fan of either. (Let's be real - he is not a fan of a lot of the food I love, love, love. Ranch dressing, mexican food, hummus, tagines of anything, ethiopian food.... the list seems like it is never ending.)

With that being the case, I occassionally have to break down and make something that the hubs might be thrilled about, but will make me very happy for an extended period of time.



With that being said, I made some Greek Chicken the other night and thought I'd share the recipe with you all. I don't have pictures. I ate it all before I remembered to take some pictures!

GREEK CHICKEN

3 chicken thigh/leg quarters
1 lemon - zested, then cut in half
1/8 teaspoon za'atar
pinch of salt
fresh ground pepper
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs garlic powder
2 tsp garlic pepper
1 tsp onion salt
kalamata olive juice
6-10 kalamata olives
feta cheese

(Please note: I don't measure any of the herbs or spices - these are simply approximations. I recommend using the herbs and spices to taste.)

Place the chicken in a large glass casserole dish. Coat in olive oil. Sprinkle with dry herbs and spices.

Spoon some kalamata olive juice on the chicken and in the dish under the chicken. Squeeze the lemon juice on the chicken and place the two halves of the chicken lemon in the dish after zesting and juicing.

Place the olives in the bottom of the dish. Add 1/4 cup of water or white wine if there is not much in the way of liquids.

Tent the dish and place in the oven at 450 until it reaches 145 or 150 degrees. Once it reaches this threshold, remove the foil and allow to finish cooking uncovered, until the juices run clear.

Remove, allow to sit for about 3 or 4 minutes. Add feta cheese either on the entire dish or on the individual plates, depending on everyone's preferences.

As you can see, this is a very easy dish to prepare. Not a lot of hands on time required, so you can work on something else while it is in the oven! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy!

    Thank you for adding me to your blog list. I'm really flattered.

    I see you haven't posted anything since April; life is busy huh?

    Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I'm now following, so I'll be able to see when you post again.

    Have a great weekend.

    Mel @ Junkin' Junky

    ReplyDelete