Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Rate the Recipe: Squash Casserole

A week or so ago, after I made the most disgusting ravioli ever, I started thinking about rating some of the recipes I have used or found on Pinterest, so other people will know if they are worth the time or effort. Sure, the pictures always look awesome and everyone comments about how fabulous the recipes are, but I have found on more than one occasion, that the pictures do not accurately represent the end product and the comments HAVE to be about another recipe. That is how Rate the Recipe was born.

I am going to try and post 2 or 3 (or more!) Rate the Recipes each week. If you have a recipe that you have tried that you would like to share and rate, let me know and we'll get it on here!

Without further ado, the first, Rate the Recipe!

This weekend I tried A LOT of new recipes, so I'll try to get to them all this week (not to mention the other new recipes I am trying this week!), if not, we will eventually get through all of them.

This weekend I tried the following new recipes:




  • Crack Bread
  • Pumpkin Fluff
  • Paula Deen's Squash Casserole
  • some Pinterest Ribs


  • First up, the Squash Casserole. All in all, I'd give this recipe a 2 out of 5, simply because it was not popular with the fam.

    I thought this was actually a good recipe, but I was alone. The hubs and AJ both said it was not very good. While the casserole was not a hit, I was stumped by one of the steps in the recipe. Soak a piece of white bread in ice water, wring it out and then chop it up. What the what? Even a google search returned no answers to my question. If you know why you would soak bread in ice water and then chop it up for the casserole, PLEASE let me know!

    I think adding some cheese would have given the squash casserole a little more flavor, but in an effort to try and cut some cheese out (because we eat a LOT of cheese at our house), I found a recipe that did not call for any! I will try this recipe, however, next time I will add cheese - maybe some cream cheese and some shredded cheese. Cheese makes everything taste better, so this should be no exception!

     If you try this recipe let me know what you think!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment